Joshi expresses concern over depleting ground water resource
Varanasi: BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Monday expressed concern over the decline of ground water level in the country and blamed the Centre`s policies as being responsible for it.
"If the Centre keeps allowing multinational companies to extract ground water like this then farmers and the common person will face acute shortage of potable drinking water in the future," Joshi, who is the MP from here, told reporters.
He said the party would protest against the indiscriminate extraction of ground water and raise the issue in legislative assemblies as well as the Parliament.
The Uttar Pradesh government should "not play vote bank politics" and take strict action against terrorists, he said.
Vacant posts in UP police force should be filled soon and the state government should seriously think over the issue, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah