Joshi seeks CAG inquiry into expenditure during Maha Kumbh
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said that a Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) inquiry should be conducted into expenditure made during Maha Kumbh Mela at Allahabad.
"A complete inquiry should be conducted and I will say that a CAG probe should be conducted into expenditure made into entire Kumbh mela," Joshi told reporters in a reply to a question.
He said that as central fund was provided for the Mela, a "special audit" should be done regarding the expenses incurred during the occasion.
On a query on Azam Khan, who has recently resigned as the in-charge of Maha Kumbh Mela management owing moral responsibility for the stampede incident at Allahabad railway station, Joshi said that the entire state government is "accountable" for it.
"Whatever happened at Kumbh, the accountability is of the entire government and Azam Khan is part of it," he said.
"The pilgrims had no information where to go and how. The responsibility is of the state government as well as the railways. This cannot be one sided," the BJP leader said.
The BJP leader claimed that neither proper information were given at the platform not there was any management after the incident took place.
"There was no one to take the injured and ambulance reached after two-three hours and doctors were also not available," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal