Joshi seeks CAG inquiry into expenditure during Maha Kumbh
Lucknow: Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday said that a Comptroller Auditor General (CAG) inquiry should be conducted into expenditure made during Maha Kumbh Mela at Allahabad.
"A complete inquiry should be conducted and I will say that a CAG probe should be conducted into expenditure made into entire Kumbh mela," Joshi told reporters in a reply to a question.
He said that as central fund was provided for the Mela, a "special audit" should be done regarding the expenses incurred during the occasion.
On a query on Azam Khan, who has recently resigned as the in-charge of Maha Kumbh Mela management owing moral responsibility for the stampede incident at Allahabad railway station, Joshi said that the entire state government is "accountable" for it.
"Whatever happened at Kumbh, the accountability is of the entire government and Azam Khan is part of it," he said.
"The pilgrims had no information where to go and how. The responsibility is of the state government as well as the railways. This cannot be one sided," the BJP leader said.
The BJP leader claimed that neither proper information were given at the platform not there was any management after the incident took place.
"There was no one to take the injured and ambulance reached after two-three hours and doctors were also not available," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened