Journalist attempts suicide in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A local TV channel journalist attempted suicide here alleging inaction by police in a complaint lodged by him, police said on Monday.
The victim has been rushed to hospital and is being treated, SP City, Sharvan Kumar said.
The TV channel head has claimed that the victim has stated in a suicide note that police is responsible for his death.
Last week, the office of the local TV channel was allegedly attacked by unidentified persons following which the victim lodged a complaint.
Alleging inaction by police the victim decided to end his life by consuming poison yesterday.
"Efforts are on to nab the accused involved in the attack" Kumar said.
To protest against the incidents a group of journalists blocked the Delhi-Dehradun National highway at Budhana chowk here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi