Judicial work affected due to lawyers strike
Allahabad/Muzaffarnagar: Court work across
western Uttar Pradesh was affected today as lawyers went on a
day-long strike protesting against police lathicharge on
The boycott call for court proceedings was given by the
action committee, District Bar Association President Promode
The judicial work was adversely affected due to the
Meanwhile, hundreds of lawyers from across the state
staged a demonstration outside the Allahabad High Court,
blocking traffic on the adjacent roads and demanding transfer
of officials allegedly responsible for the lathicharge.
They held a meeting at the office of the UP Bar Council
and expressed dissatisfaction over the slow pace of
investigation into the incident.
Several high profile cases, including the national anthem
case against tennis star Sania Mirza, rioting case against BSP
MP Qadir Rana and three CBI cases to be heard today were
At least 24 people were injured and more than 100
vehicles damaged in a clash between lawyers and police in
Kanpur district court complex on April 7.
It was alleged that lawyers had misbehaved with a
police inspector who came from Kannauj in connection with a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'