`Judiciary must safeguard values of democracy`
Ghaziabad: Allahabad High Court Chief Justice Ferdino Inacio Rebello, Saturday, said judiciary must play its independent role for safeguarding the values of democracy and interest of masses.
"People come to court for relief and not for being harassed by lengthy trial... Justice should not be delayed and every efforts should be made to deliver fair justice to the
public," Justice Rebello said after inaugurating the evening court in Hapur city, 30 km from here.
Both bar and bench need to cooperate for the welfare of litigants, he added.
District judge Vishnu Chand Gupta, District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar and SSP (Ghaziabad) Raghuvir Lal received the chief justice at the venue.
Justice Gupta briefed Chief Justice Rebello about the need of more courts and judicial officers in the district.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar said that evening courts will help in early disposal of cases and solve the problems of litigants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal