`Judiciary must safeguard values of democracy`
Ghaziabad: Allahabad High Court Chief Justice Ferdino Inacio Rebello, Saturday, said judiciary must play its independent role for safeguarding the values of democracy and interest of masses.
"People come to court for relief and not for being harassed by lengthy trial... Justice should not be delayed and every efforts should be made to deliver fair justice to the
public," Justice Rebello said after inaugurating the evening court in Hapur city, 30 km from here.
Both bar and bench need to cooperate for the welfare of litigants, he added.
District judge Vishnu Chand Gupta, District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar and SSP (Ghaziabad) Raghuvir Lal received the chief justice at the venue.
Justice Gupta briefed Chief Justice Rebello about the need of more courts and judicial officers in the district.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar said that evening courts will help in early disposal of cases and solve the problems of litigants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report