`Judiciary must safeguard values of democracy`
Ghaziabad: Allahabad High Court Chief Justice Ferdino Inacio Rebello, Saturday, said judiciary must play its independent role for safeguarding the values of democracy and interest of masses.
"People come to court for relief and not for being harassed by lengthy trial... Justice should not be delayed and every efforts should be made to deliver fair justice to the
public," Justice Rebello said after inaugurating the evening court in Hapur city, 30 km from here.
Both bar and bench need to cooperate for the welfare of litigants, he added.
District judge Vishnu Chand Gupta, District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar and SSP (Ghaziabad) Raghuvir Lal received the chief justice at the venue.
Justice Gupta briefed Chief Justice Rebello about the need of more courts and judicial officers in the district.
District Magistrate Hredesh Kumar said that evening courts will help in early disposal of cases and solve the problems of litigants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar