`Jungle raj` prevailing in UP, impose President`s Rule: Mayawati
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday demanded imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh alleging that "jungle raj" was prevailing at all levels during the Samajwadi Party government`s rule.
"There is jungle raj at every level and the situation during the one-year-old Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh is very bad. The goons of Samajwadi Party are running the show," Mayawati told reporters here.
"Under these circumstances, in keeping with his constitutional responsibilities, the Governor should send his report to the Centre and recommend President`s Rule or else the situation would further deteriorate in the coming four years.”
"I again appeal to the Governor to intervene in this regard or else the people would not pardon him and the SP government," Mayawati said.
The former chief minister said her party would continue to raise its demand in this regard until the central government and the Governor fulfil their responsibilities and impose President`s Rule.
In an apparent reference to the state`s PWD minister Shivpal Singh Yadav yesterday taking objection to her calling SP men "goondas", Mayawati said from now on, she would call them "uncontrollable and terror-spreading elements".
Claiming that such "elements" were responsible for the dismal law and order situation, Mayawati said the situation here had come to such a pass that the good and gentle people in the SP were also falling prey to them.
The BSP chief said when her party comes back to power, "criminal elements would be dealt with so sternly through the law that they would think twice before committing it again".
She alleged corruption was going on in the name of inquiry in the works of the previous government.
To a question on why she did not send SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav to jail after coming to power in 2007, which she had promised during campaigning, she admitted that she had made such a promise but decided otherwise as her partymen believed that people gave a more severe punishment through its mandate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter