Junior doctors call off strike in BRD Medical College
Gorakhpur: Junior doctors of BRD Medical College Hospital here, who had gone on a strike on Tuesday after a clash with relatives of a patient and journalists, have called off their stir after talks with officials.
The doctors called off their strike last evening, officials said today.
Principal of Medical College KP Kushwaha said the DG (Health Education) Saudan Singh held a meeting with the doctors following which they decided to call off the strike.
On Tuesday, the junior doctors had entered into a row with relatives of a patient who died during treatment in the emergency ward of the hospital.
Several journalists had gone to cover the incident.
The doctors had protested against press photographers taking clicking pictures of the row. When journalists opposed this, the doctors allegedly turned violent and attacked journalists with bamboo sticks.
The doctors had lodged a complaint against relatives of the deceased patient for provoking violence, while the journalists lodged complaint against the junior doctors in Gulariha police station, police said.
The doctors had also demanded withdrawal of all cases registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket