Junior doctors call off strike in BRD Medical College
Gorakhpur: Junior doctors of BRD Medical College Hospital here, who had gone on a strike on Tuesday after a clash with relatives of a patient and journalists, have called off their stir after talks with officials.
The doctors called off their strike last evening, officials said today.
Principal of Medical College KP Kushwaha said the DG (Health Education) Saudan Singh held a meeting with the doctors following which they decided to call off the strike.
On Tuesday, the junior doctors had entered into a row with relatives of a patient who died during treatment in the emergency ward of the hospital.
Several journalists had gone to cover the incident.
The doctors had protested against press photographers taking clicking pictures of the row. When journalists opposed this, the doctors allegedly turned violent and attacked journalists with bamboo sticks.
The doctors had lodged a complaint against relatives of the deceased patient for provoking violence, while the journalists lodged complaint against the junior doctors in Gulariha police station, police said.
The doctors had also demanded withdrawal of all cases registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Dennis Quaid's wife files divorce again
- RSS trained inmates of Jawahar Bagh: Ram Vriksh Yadav's 'security officer' to police
- India vs New Zealand: Indore gears up to host its first ever Test in upcoming series
- Major success! Army busts new terror outfit 'Helem Tiger Force' in Assam's Kokrajhar
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20