Junior doctors call off strike in BRD Medical College
Gorakhpur: Junior doctors of BRD Medical College Hospital here, who had gone on a strike on Tuesday after a clash with relatives of a patient and journalists, have called off their stir after talks with officials.
The doctors called off their strike last evening, officials said today.
Principal of Medical College KP Kushwaha said the DG (Health Education) Saudan Singh held a meeting with the doctors following which they decided to call off the strike.
On Tuesday, the junior doctors had entered into a row with relatives of a patient who died during treatment in the emergency ward of the hospital.
Several journalists had gone to cover the incident.
The doctors had protested against press photographers taking clicking pictures of the row. When journalists opposed this, the doctors allegedly turned violent and attacked journalists with bamboo sticks.
The doctors had lodged a complaint against relatives of the deceased patient for provoking violence, while the journalists lodged complaint against the junior doctors in Gulariha police station, police said.
The doctors had also demanded withdrawal of all cases registered against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Cases against Baloch leaders-in-exile highlight Pakistan's frustration: BJP
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena