Junior doctors on flash strike in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Junior doctors of all medical colleges in Uttar Pradesh went on a flash strike Tuesday after doctors from the King George`s Medical College here were forced to end their indefinite hunger strike Monday night.
While resident and junior doctors struck work in the day, by Tuesday evening junior doctors in Kanpur, Meerut and Allahabad medical colleges also joined the statewide strike.
The doctors went on strike seeking the cancellation of the Uttar Pradesh post graduate medical examination.
After several attempts by the administration to have the indefinite fast end failed, Lucknow District Magistrate Anuraag Yadav ordered police to forcibly break up the agitation.
Angered at the use of force by police, junior and resident doctors of all medical colleges went on strike and were joined by the doctors of the trauma centre in Lucknow.
Doctors have also decided not to celebrate Holi Wednesday.
The district administration has since announced the the examinations would be now held April 21. The doctors have refused to accept this offer and are sticking to their demand for cancellation of the exams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown