Juveniles consume poison in reform centre
Lucknow: Three juveniles at a reform centre in Uttar Pradesh`s capital Lucknow consumed poison late Friday, officials said.
They were admitted to a medical facility in critical condition.
The trio had been in the centre on charges of rape and murder. One of them was from Lucknow while the other two were from neighbouring Unnao district.
All of them were aged between 15-16 years and were in the juvenile centre for the past few months, officials said.
A probe has now been ordered on how did they manage to get poison and to find the reasons that could have forced them to take the extreme step.
However, the officials informed that the trio was convicted for several crimes by the juvenile justice board earlier in the day.
"They had been keeping low since then and at 12.30 in the night, the guards on duty found them vomiting after which they were rushed to the Balrampur hospital, where their condition is extremely critical," station officer Para, Ram Vishal Yadav, told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises
- Paswan mocks possibility of Nitish becoming PM, says post not vacant for 15 years
- Kolkata wears forlorn look on poll day, less traffic on street