Kalyan favours move to split UP
Lucknow: Backing the Mayawati government`s
move for splitting Uttar Pradesh into four smaller states,
former chief minister Kalyan Singh on Tuesday lashed out at
political parties opposing the initiative saying they are
against development and progress of the people.
Creation of small states would improve administrative
capability, law and order and provide prompt justice to the
people, he told reporters here.
Lashing out at political parties, he said they failed to
discharge their constitutional duties by creating pandemonium
in the assembly yesterday and hampering a debate on the issue.
He said the state government should have listed the issue
in the agenda.
Criticising Congress and BJP for demanding the states
reorganisation committee, Singh said 16 of the 17 states
created after independence had been formed without such a
committee when either of these parties were at the helm.
To a question on Rahul Gandhi claiming that the next
government in Uttar Pradesh would that be of the Congress,
the former BJP leader said, "He (Rahul) had all the right to
He also asked the Congress leader whether a separate
Bundelkhand was not required for the progress of that region.
To another question, he said that Congress as well as BJP
had no right to talk on corruption as both were neck deep into
He also wished Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh
Yadav on his birthday and prayed for his good health and long
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical