Kalyan says BJP communal, attacks Mulayam
Lucknow: Scotching speculation about his
return to the BJP, former UP CM Kalyan Singh on Tuesday
accused the party of compromising on core Hindutva issues for
power and said he would never apologise for the demolition of
"BJP is equally communal like the Congress and SP and
it did not hesitate in compromising the core Hindutva issues
including Ram Temple, article 370 and common civil code for
the lure of power," Singh said in the concluding address of
the first national convention of his newly floated Jan Kranti
He said rumours of his return were being spread by
the BJP to keep the morale of its party workers high and at
the same time to misguide Jan Kranti workers.
Attacking Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav
who had recently parted ways with him and apologised to
Muslims for taking support of those "responsible" for the
Babri mosque demolition, Singh said that by doing so he has
insulted Hindus and should apologise to them.
"By apologising to Muslims, Yadav has bolstered
communal forces and insulted Hindus and he should apologise to
them," Singh said adding that Muslims were annoyed with the SP
during the Lok Sabha elections as tickets were denied to
several prominent leaders of the community because of rampant
Singh while stressing that he espoused the cause of
Ram Temple and Hindutva advised the BJP not to worry about him
Singh, who was the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh
when Babri mosque was demolished in Ayodhya on December 6,
1992, said that he would never apologise for it.
"It was a day of pride for Hindus and I will never
apologise for it," he said.
Kalyan claimed that history would remember Mulayam
Singh as the chief minister who had opened fire on Ram
devotees whereas he, as chief minister, had sacrificed his
government for the same cause.
Referring to L K Advani`s Ram temple yatra in 1990,
Singh charged the BJP with betraying Hindus and demanded that
it apologise to the community.
Citing Sachar Committe and Rangnath Misra Commission
recommendations, Singh said that SP, BSP and the Congress were
"We also want votes of Muslims but not by appeasing
them," he said adding that he would not compromise on his
Hindutva image for votes.
Critising the ruling BSP, Singh accused the Mayawati
government of giving shelter to criminals.
Singh announced that his party would contest all the
403 seats in the next assembly elections in UP and give
priority to youths in tickets allocation.
While Kalyan Singh is the patron of the party, his son
Rajvir is the president.
A political resolution was also passed in which it
vowed to fight the wrong policies of other political parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks