Kalyan Singh hits out at BJP on Ram temple promise
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Kalyan Singh on Friday took a dig at the BJP for promising to
build Ram temple in its manifesto, saying it was coming from a
party which had been "shunning Ram and instead embracing
"They are now raising slogans `Jai Shri Jinnah`", said
Kalyan, who is the convenor of Jan Kranti Party, told
newspersons here, releasing the next list of party nominees
for UP assembly polls.
"NDA was in power for five years, but they did not take a
single step towards building the Ram Temple," the former BJP
Reiterating his committment for "a grand Ram Temple" at
Ayodhya, Singh, who was the state chief minister when Babri
Mosque was demolished, appealed to the central government to
give the acquired land for the purpose.
Singh said that returning to BJP on the promises of senior
leaders and then helping Samajwadi Party president Mulayam
Singh Yadav are the two biggest mistakes of his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?