Kalyan Singh hits out at BJP on Ram temple promise
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Kalyan Singh on Friday took a dig at the BJP for promising to
build Ram temple in its manifesto, saying it was coming from a
party which had been "shunning Ram and instead embracing
"They are now raising slogans `Jai Shri Jinnah`", said
Kalyan, who is the convenor of Jan Kranti Party, told
newspersons here, releasing the next list of party nominees
for UP assembly polls.
"NDA was in power for five years, but they did not take a
single step towards building the Ram Temple," the former BJP
Reiterating his committment for "a grand Ram Temple" at
Ayodhya, Singh, who was the state chief minister when Babri
Mosque was demolished, appealed to the central government to
give the acquired land for the purpose.
Singh said that returning to BJP on the promises of senior
leaders and then helping Samajwadi Party president Mulayam
Singh Yadav are the two biggest mistakes of his life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside
- WATCH: Harbhajan Singh was up against a wrestler...See What Happened Next...
- After NSG setback, India joins Missile Technology Control Regime as full member; China awaits membership
- Hrithik Roshan – Kangana Ranaut legal tussle: Everything will come out soon, says actor