Kalyan Singh opposes quota bill, asks Centre to withdraw it
Lucknow: Raising his voice against quota in promotions, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh on Sunday said the decision is against the spirit of Constitution and will create a flutter in the administrative system.
"If reservation is given in promotions, junior officers and employees will become seniors and vice versa," Kalyan said, asking the Centre to immediately withdraw the Constitution Amendment Bill in this regard.
He said that the decision will adversely affect the administrative ability of the employees and create indiscipline.
The Lok Sabha MP, who eyes a return to BJP, said that if the bill is tabled in Lok Sabha, he will vote against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Govt must protect central bank's independence: Raghuram Rajan
- CAG picks holes in coal mines auction by NDA govt
- TCS, Infosys in Forbes 'Super 50' list; Tata Motors, HUL dropped
- Satpal Singh fumes at his name being dragged in doping controversy surrounding Narsingh Yadav
- RBI slaps penalty on UCO Bank, Allahabad Bank, Bank of India