Kalyan Singh opposes quota bill, asks Centre to withdraw it
Lucknow: Raising his voice against quota in promotions, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh on Sunday said the decision is against the spirit of Constitution and will create a flutter in the administrative system.
"If reservation is given in promotions, junior officers and employees will become seniors and vice versa," Kalyan said, asking the Centre to immediately withdraw the Constitution Amendment Bill in this regard.
He said that the decision will adversely affect the administrative ability of the employees and create indiscipline.
The Lok Sabha MP, who eyes a return to BJP, said that if the bill is tabled in Lok Sabha, he will vote against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference