Kalyan Singh opposes quota bill, asks Centre to withdraw it
Lucknow: Raising his voice against quota in promotions, former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh on Sunday said the decision is against the spirit of Constitution and will create a flutter in the administrative system.
"If reservation is given in promotions, junior officers and employees will become seniors and vice versa," Kalyan said, asking the Centre to immediately withdraw the Constitution Amendment Bill in this regard.
He said that the decision will adversely affect the administrative ability of the employees and create indiscipline.
The Lok Sabha MP, who eyes a return to BJP, said that if the bill is tabled in Lok Sabha, he will vote against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees
- Samsung likely to launch Tizen powered Z2 smartphone in India today