Kalyan Singh to float new party in January
Aligarh: Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
and once BJP`s poster boy Kalyan Singh on Thursday said he would
float a new party on his birthday on January five next.
"Details for setting up a new party are being worked
out," he told reporters here.
The party would be formally launched on his birthday on
January five, Kalyan, who parted company with Samajwadi Party
supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav nearly a month ago, said.
The former Hindutva icon said his supporters wanted him
to float a new political party. "The decision is not mine, but
is the unanimous view of my supporters."
Kalyan, indicted by the Liberhan Commission, said his new
outfit would be committed to constructing a grand Ram temple
at the disputed site at Ayodhya.
At the same time, he favoured construction of a new
mosque with the help of Hindus at a suitable distance from the
disputed site, the former Chief Minister said.
"All political parties are trying to exploit the Ayodhya
issue for vote bank politics, but I will like to settle the
matter for ever so that Hindus and Muslims can live in peace,"
Hindutva and social justice would be guiding ideologies
of his party, Kalyan said.
Kalyan, on his first visit to his native place Aligarh
after snapping of ties with the SP, has been holding parleys
with his supporters for the past three days.
To a question, Kalyan said "the BJP never practices what
it preaches. But, my new party will mean what it will say."
In a choked voice, he said "I will never, never rejoin
the BJP and the proposed party will be my final political
Lashing out at Mulayam Singh Yadav, Kalyan said the SP
leader "is becoming desperate because his entire Muslim vote
bank is shifting towards the Congress."
"I was not interested in joining hands with the SP and it
was only after Mulayam and Amar Singh visited my son`s house
that I agreed to their proposal."
Asked why his `Ram Temple` plank should not be considered
as vote bank politics, the former BJP leader said "I have no
intention of exacerbating Hindu-Muslim differences. Instead, I
have a plan for amicably resolving the issue."
On the Liberhan Commission, he said "its entire report is
riddled with contradictions and should be thrown in a waste
The Commission had wasted public time and money for 17
years and its report looked more a political document rather
than a legal one, Kalyan said.
He said the demolition of the Babri mosque was not a
conspiracy, but was the result of an emotional outburst of
several lakh karsewaks who had assembled at Ayodhya on that
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla