Kalyan Singh`s son issues newly formed party`s roadmap
Lucknow: The newly formed Jankranti Party
headed by Kalyan Singh`s son Rajvir Singh, on Tuesday issued its
roadmap favouring 33 per cent reservation for women in
legislatures but opposing Rangnath Misra report recommending
quota for Muslims.
"The party advocates 33 per cent reservation for women in
legislatures though in the name of social justice it would
want separate quota for women belonging to the SC\ST and
backwards category," Rajvir Singh said releasing the party`s
On the Rangnath Committee report, the party opposes
its recommendation for reservation on the ground of religion
also because it would be cutting into the quota fixed for the
SC\STs and backward castes, Singh said.
Spelling out the party`s ideology, he said it would
follow the basic principles of Hindutva, Rashtravad,
democracy, Ram temple and social justice.
Asserting that the party would never field mafia or
criminal elements in elections, Singh said it would set up its
organisational structure by June 30, 2010 after which rallies
and meetings would be organised in different parts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch