Kalyan Singh`s son issues newly formed party`s roadmap
Lucknow: The newly formed Jankranti Party
headed by Kalyan Singh`s son Rajvir Singh, on Tuesday issued its
roadmap favouring 33 per cent reservation for women in
legislatures but opposing Rangnath Misra report recommending
quota for Muslims.
"The party advocates 33 per cent reservation for women in
legislatures though in the name of social justice it would
want separate quota for women belonging to the SC\ST and
backwards category," Rajvir Singh said releasing the party`s
On the Rangnath Committee report, the party opposes
its recommendation for reservation on the ground of religion
also because it would be cutting into the quota fixed for the
SC\STs and backward castes, Singh said.
Spelling out the party`s ideology, he said it would
follow the basic principles of Hindutva, Rashtravad,
democracy, Ram temple and social justice.
Asserting that the party would never field mafia or
criminal elements in elections, Singh said it would set up its
organisational structure by June 30, 2010 after which rallies
and meetings would be organised in different parts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race