Kalyan slams SP govt in UP
Etah: Former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh has alleged the law and order had deteriorated in Uttar Pradesh and nobody was safe in the state.
"Lawlessness has crossed all limits in UP. The (SP) government has failed to control the law and order. Women and girls, in particular, are no longer safe," he told reporters after visiting Awagarh town here yesterday.
Two traders were shot dead by some unidentified persons in the town on Sunday.
Shops and markets in Awagarh remained shut for three days in protest against the double murder.
Kalyan, whose Jan Kranti Party recently merged with the BJP, said a Special Task Force team should be constituted to probe the double murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore