Kalyan’s party throws hint to Amar to join its fold
Lucknow: Apparently extending an invitation
to expelled SP leader Amar Singh to join its fold, Jankranti
Party, floated by Kalyan Singh, on Tuesday said both had the same
aim on some political issues.
"Anyone, including Amar Singh, who has faith in party`s
policies and ideology is welcome to join us," Jankranti Party
head Rajvir Singh, son of Kalyan Singh, told reporters here.
"Though there have been no talks with Amar Singh lately,
we continue to have personal and family relations with him,"
"Both Amar Singh and our aim is the same," Rajvir said
apparently referring to his party`s desire to diminish the
influence of the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh.
The Jankranti Party chief said those who had betrayed
his father in the past had all licked the dust, be it the BJP
or the SP.
In the 2012 assembly election in Uttar Pradesh, "our
party will gain strength and teach the traitors a lesson".
To a question, he said his party had identified the
seats it would contest in the state assembly poll.
"Though we are a new party, there is no dearth of
experience," he said.
The Jankranti Party was floated by former BJP veteran
Kalyan Singh, once an Ayodhya movement icon, on January five
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?