Kalyan`s re-entry into BJP delayed due to ‘technical reasons’
Lucknow: Rashtriya Jankranti Party will merge with BJP on January 21 but its patron and former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh will not join the party due to technical reasons, UP BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said on Saturday.
"On January 21, RJP chief Rajveer Singh will formally merge his party with BJP but due to technical reasons Kalyan Singh will not join the party," he said.
Greeting Kalyan on his birthday today, Bajpai said the former BJP leader was elected as an independent candidate from Etah Lok Sabha constituency.
Therefore, before joining BJP or any other party, he will be required to resign from the Lok Sabha when just over a year of its tenure is left, he said.
As of now, he will continue as an independent member and will be the BJP candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections, Bajpai said.
Kalyan, the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, said there are some tehnical hurdles in his joining BJP but a final decision in this regard will be taken after consulting senior party leaders.
Former BJP president Rajnath Singh said Kalyan may not be joining the party due to technical reasons as of now.
But, BJP will attain new heights with his support, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH