Kalyan`s re-entry into BJP delayed due to ‘technical reasons’
Lucknow: Rashtriya Jankranti Party will merge with BJP on January 21 but its patron and former Chief Minister Kalyan Singh will not join the party due to technical reasons, UP BJP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said on Saturday.
"On January 21, RJP chief Rajveer Singh will formally merge his party with BJP but due to technical reasons Kalyan Singh will not join the party," he said.
Greeting Kalyan on his birthday today, Bajpai said the former BJP leader was elected as an independent candidate from Etah Lok Sabha constituency.
Therefore, before joining BJP or any other party, he will be required to resign from the Lok Sabha when just over a year of its tenure is left, he said.
As of now, he will continue as an independent member and will be the BJP candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections, Bajpai said.
Kalyan, the former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, said there are some tehnical hurdles in his joining BJP but a final decision in this regard will be taken after consulting senior party leaders.
Former BJP president Rajnath Singh said Kalyan may not be joining the party due to technical reasons as of now.
But, BJP will attain new heights with his support, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar