Kannauj girl may lose her eyesight: Doctors
Kanpur: The Dalit girl, who was stabbed
in her eyes allegedly by two youths when she resisted a rape
attempt, may never be able to see from her left eye again,
doctors treating her said here.
"The 14-year-old victim was stabbed in both her eyes
with some sharp-edged weapon but the damage to her left eye is
severe. The cornea of the left eye is totally damaged which
may result in loss of eyesight, Principal of Ganesh Shankar
Vidyarthi Medical College Anand Swaroop said.
"When the victim was brought to the medical college
here, her condition was bad. Both the eyes were bleeding and
her shoulders were also injured," Swaroop said.
She was immediately admitted to the eye department and
a team of specialists attended her, he added.
The girl has been operated upon on both her eyes.
Doctors say that left eye is severely damaged but right eye is
in a better condition.
"After being operated we asked her if she can see from
her right eye to which she admitted a blurred vision", Swaroop
The girl will be kept in the hospital for a minimum of
one week. All the expenses are taken care of by the medical
department, Swaroop said.
Kuldeep (18) and Niranjan Yadav (17) attempted to rape
the 14-year-old girl when she had gone out in connection with
some work in Gadwa Buzurg village in Gursahaiganj area in
Kannauj on June 18.
"When the girl raised an alarm, the duo attacked her
with knives, piercing her left eye and injuring the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US