Kannauj girl may lose her eyesight: Doctors
Kanpur: The Dalit girl, who was stabbed
in her eyes allegedly by two youths when she resisted a rape
attempt, may never be able to see from her left eye again,
doctors treating her said here.
"The 14-year-old victim was stabbed in both her eyes
with some sharp-edged weapon but the damage to her left eye is
severe. The cornea of the left eye is totally damaged which
may result in loss of eyesight, Principal of Ganesh Shankar
Vidyarthi Medical College Anand Swaroop said.
"When the victim was brought to the medical college
here, her condition was bad. Both the eyes were bleeding and
her shoulders were also injured," Swaroop said.
She was immediately admitted to the eye department and
a team of specialists attended her, he added.
The girl has been operated upon on both her eyes.
Doctors say that left eye is severely damaged but right eye is
in a better condition.
"After being operated we asked her if she can see from
her right eye to which she admitted a blurred vision", Swaroop
The girl will be kept in the hospital for a minimum of
one week. All the expenses are taken care of by the medical
department, Swaroop said.
Kuldeep (18) and Niranjan Yadav (17) attempted to rape
the 14-year-old girl when she had gone out in connection with
some work in Gadwa Buzurg village in Gursahaiganj area in
Kannauj on June 18.
"When the girl raised an alarm, the duo attacked her
with knives, piercing her left eye and injuring the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey