Kannauj girl may lose her eyesight: Doctors
Kanpur: The Dalit girl, who was stabbed
in her eyes allegedly by two youths when she resisted a rape
attempt, may never be able to see from her left eye again,
doctors treating her said here.
"The 14-year-old victim was stabbed in both her eyes
with some sharp-edged weapon but the damage to her left eye is
severe. The cornea of the left eye is totally damaged which
may result in loss of eyesight, Principal of Ganesh Shankar
Vidyarthi Medical College Anand Swaroop said.
"When the victim was brought to the medical college
here, her condition was bad. Both the eyes were bleeding and
her shoulders were also injured," Swaroop said.
She was immediately admitted to the eye department and
a team of specialists attended her, he added.
The girl has been operated upon on both her eyes.
Doctors say that left eye is severely damaged but right eye is
in a better condition.
"After being operated we asked her if she can see from
her right eye to which she admitted a blurred vision", Swaroop
The girl will be kept in the hospital for a minimum of
one week. All the expenses are taken care of by the medical
department, Swaroop said.
Kuldeep (18) and Niranjan Yadav (17) attempted to rape
the 14-year-old girl when she had gone out in connection with
some work in Gadwa Buzurg village in Gursahaiganj area in
Kannauj on June 18.
"When the girl raised an alarm, the duo attacked her
with knives, piercing her left eye and injuring the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued