Kanpur: 6 of a family killed in LPG cylinder blast
Kanpur: Six members of a family, including two children, were on Sunday charred to death in an LPG cylinder blast in a house in Nazirabad area here.
The cylinder exploded when Ramshabad Sharma’s wife was preparing tea at around 7.45 AM. All the six people, who were in a one-room accommodation, were killed on-the-spot as its roof made of plastic sheets caught fire, DIG Ashok Mutha Jain said.
Apart from Sharma’s wife Shakunata (60), his two daughters Sunita and Sonu, aged 23 and 25 years, son Santosh (22) and two grandchildren were killed in the blast, he said, adding Sharma was not in the house at the time of the incident.
His other daughter, whose two children, Golu (10) and Deepu (8), were killed in the incident, stays in Varanasi.
Four fire brigade personnel and a neighbour also suffered burn injuries while trying to douse the blaze, the DIG said.
The fire tenders reached the spot with great difficulty as the house was located in a congested lane, officials said, adding the bodies were charred beyond recognition.
“An investigation is on. The bodies have been sent for a post-mortem,” police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested