Kanpur: 6 of a family killed in LPG cylinder blast
Kanpur: Six members of a family, including two children, were on Sunday charred to death in an LPG cylinder blast in a house in Nazirabad area here.
The cylinder exploded when Ramshabad Sharma’s wife was preparing tea at around 7.45 AM. All the six people, who were in a one-room accommodation, were killed on-the-spot as its roof made of plastic sheets caught fire, DIG Ashok Mutha Jain said.
Apart from Sharma’s wife Shakunata (60), his two daughters Sunita and Sonu, aged 23 and 25 years, son Santosh (22) and two grandchildren were killed in the blast, he said, adding Sharma was not in the house at the time of the incident.
His other daughter, whose two children, Golu (10) and Deepu (8), were killed in the incident, stays in Varanasi.
Four fire brigade personnel and a neighbour also suffered burn injuries while trying to douse the blaze, the DIG said.
The fire tenders reached the spot with great difficulty as the house was located in a congested lane, officials said, adding the bodies were charred beyond recognition.
“An investigation is on. The bodies have been sent for a post-mortem,” police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you