Kanpur: Former BJP youth leader held for shooting at waiter
Kanpur: A former leader of BJP`s youth wing was arrested on Saturday for allegedly shooting at a hotel waiter here last night on not being served food in his car, police said.
Vikram Singh Bhaduriya, along with his friends, had a heated exchange with the staff of a hotel in Ghantaghar square area when they were not served food in their car, following which he fired from inside the car, DIG Amitabh Yash said.
The injured waiter was taken to a hospital where his condition was stated to be critical, the DIG said.
They fled after the incident, but were later nabbed from Panki area on the outskirts of the city, he said.
Bhaduriya, along with his two associates, has been booked under 307 (attempt to murder) and an illegal country-made pistol was recovered from their possession, DIG said.
BJP MLA Salil Vishnoi said Bhaduriya was expelled from the party two months ago for allegedly supporting the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur