Kanpur: Former BJP youth leader held for shooting at waiter
Kanpur: A former leader of BJP`s youth wing was arrested on Saturday for allegedly shooting at a hotel waiter here last night on not being served food in his car, police said.
Vikram Singh Bhaduriya, along with his friends, had a heated exchange with the staff of a hotel in Ghantaghar square area when they were not served food in their car, following which he fired from inside the car, DIG Amitabh Yash said.
The injured waiter was taken to a hospital where his condition was stated to be critical, the DIG said.
They fled after the incident, but were later nabbed from Panki area on the outskirts of the city, he said.
Bhaduriya, along with his two associates, has been booked under 307 (attempt to murder) and an illegal country-made pistol was recovered from their possession, DIG said.
BJP MLA Salil Vishnoi said Bhaduriya was expelled from the party two months ago for allegedly supporting the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory
- Class 12 toppers scam: Bihar School Examination Board clerk arrested
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff