Kanpur: Former BJP youth leader held for shooting at waiter
Kanpur: A former leader of BJP`s youth wing was arrested on Saturday for allegedly shooting at a hotel waiter here last night on not being served food in his car, police said.
Vikram Singh Bhaduriya, along with his friends, had a heated exchange with the staff of a hotel in Ghantaghar square area when they were not served food in their car, following which he fired from inside the car, DIG Amitabh Yash said.
The injured waiter was taken to a hospital where his condition was stated to be critical, the DIG said.
They fled after the incident, but were later nabbed from Panki area on the outskirts of the city, he said.
Bhaduriya, along with his two associates, has been booked under 307 (attempt to murder) and an illegal country-made pistol was recovered from their possession, DIG said.
BJP MLA Salil Vishnoi said Bhaduriya was expelled from the party two months ago for allegedly supporting the opposition parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured