Kanpur govt hospital doctors end strike
Kanpur: Junior doctors at a government hospital here, who were on strike demanding action against police officials for allegedly beating a doctor, have ended their strike and resumed work on Thursday.
The doctors of Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Medical College went on strike yesterday after getting to know of the incident wherein three police officials had allegedly misbehaved with Resident doctor Jitendra Singh.
Navneet Kumar, Principal of the medical college said police officials and college authorities met junior doctors last evening, and assured them that disciplinary action would be taken against the police officials who had allegedly misbehaved with the doctor.
The doctors called off the strike today.
Jitendra Singh, Resident doctor of Cardiology department, had alleged that three police officials had stopped him on Burra flyover late night on Monday when he was going to the hospital, and beat him due to which he suffered injuries to his eyes and internal body parts.
Sources at the medical college claimed that around five persons died as they did not get timely treatment due to the strike, but Kumar denied this, saying there were no such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video