Kanpur MP Jaiswal writes letter to UP CM over long power cuts
Kanpur: Concerned over long power cuts in
the industrial city, local MP and Union Coal Minister
Sriprakash Jaiswal has written a letter to Chief Minister
Mayawati to look into the matter.
In his letter addressed to the Chief Minister, Jaiswal
said that chronic power cuts ranging from 14 to 16 hours daily
has not only affected the residents but a large number of
industries located in and around the city as well, which are
incurring heavy losses due to this.
Regular protests and demonstrations by residents and
opposition parties over the dismal state of power has kept the
district administration on their toes and all police stations
have been asked to stay alert to prevent the possibility of
any untoward incident.
"Apart from the regular power cuts lasting upto 10 hours,
when frequency of the grid remains low, we are forced to cut
power," said a senior official of Kanpur Electricity Supply
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray