Kanpur MP Jaiswal writes letter to UP CM over long power cuts
Kanpur: Concerned over long power cuts in
the industrial city, local MP and Union Coal Minister
Sriprakash Jaiswal has written a letter to Chief Minister
Mayawati to look into the matter.
In his letter addressed to the Chief Minister, Jaiswal
said that chronic power cuts ranging from 14 to 16 hours daily
has not only affected the residents but a large number of
industries located in and around the city as well, which are
incurring heavy losses due to this.
Regular protests and demonstrations by residents and
opposition parties over the dismal state of power has kept the
district administration on their toes and all police stations
have been asked to stay alert to prevent the possibility of
any untoward incident.
"Apart from the regular power cuts lasting upto 10 hours,
when frequency of the grid remains low, we are forced to cut
power," said a senior official of Kanpur Electricity Supply
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam