Kanpur police to launch drive against eve-teasers
Kanpur: In view of the recent spurt in
crime against women in Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur Police have
decided to launch a month-long drive against eve-teasers from
Under the drive, a special police team named "Gunda
Daman Dal" will move around the city in plain clothes, keeping
a watch on men misbehaving with women, District Magistrate
Hari Om and DIG Rajesh Rai said in a joint press conference
here on Wednesday.
The drive is being undertaken to not only turn the
heat on eve-teasers, but also identify places where such acts
are frequently reported.
During the campaign police force, including women
constable, will keep a special vigil on girls` schools,
colleges, public places and market areas.
A list of those who have been held earlier in the
cases of eve-teasing will also be prepared to check their
movement, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30