Kanpur police to launch drive against eve-teasers
Kanpur: In view of the recent spurt in
crime against women in Uttar Pradesh, Kanpur Police have
decided to launch a month-long drive against eve-teasers from
Under the drive, a special police team named "Gunda
Daman Dal" will move around the city in plain clothes, keeping
a watch on men misbehaving with women, District Magistrate
Hari Om and DIG Rajesh Rai said in a joint press conference
here on Wednesday.
The drive is being undertaken to not only turn the
heat on eve-teasers, but also identify places where such acts
are frequently reported.
During the campaign police force, including women
constable, will keep a special vigil on girls` schools,
colleges, public places and market areas.
A list of those who have been held earlier in the
cases of eve-teasing will also be prepared to check their
movement, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers