Kanpur Police to probe graft case against Amar Singh
Kanpur: Almost 20 days after Allahabad High Court directed Uttar Pradesh government to probe the alleged irregularities involving Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh during his stint as head of UP Development Council, the state government on Friday transferred the case to Kanpur Police.
"The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) has transferred the case to Kanpur Police and we have asked the Circle Officer of Babupurva police station to probe the matter," said Amithabh Yash, Deputy Inspector General of Police.
On October 12, the Allahabad High Court had rejected a plea of Singh seeking quashing of proceedings against him and directed a probe by a state agency.
In his plea, Singh had contended that since Enforcement Directorate had after a probe found that the allegations against him were baseless, all proceedings against him should be quashed.
The petitioner Shivakant Tripathi, an advocate, had sought a probe by a Special Investigation Team and its monitoring by the court.
The allegation in the petition was that Singh had misappropriated crores of rupees when he was functioning as Chairman of the UP State Development Council.
"ASEAN and India are marking 20 years of their dialogue partnership and 10 years of annual summit-level partnership this year. The 10th ASEAN-India Summit will review our relations since the last Summit in Bali, Indonesia in 2011," the MEA said.
"The leaders will also discuss the Special ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit which India will host December 20-21 in New Delhi. The leaders will receive the Report of the ASEAN-India Eminent Persons Group which had been set up last year to give recommendations on the future direction of the ASEAN-India partnership," it said.
At the 7th East Asia Summit, the Prime Minister will join leaders from the other 17 EAS members to exchange views on issues and concerns with regional and global impact.
Bilateral meetings are also scheduled on the sidelines of the two summits in Phonm Penh, the MEA statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi