Kanpur Police to probe graft case against Amar Singh
Kanpur: Almost 20 days after Allahabad High Court directed Uttar Pradesh government to probe the alleged irregularities involving Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh during his stint as head of UP Development Council, the state government on Friday transferred the case to Kanpur Police.
"The Economic Offence Wing (EOW) has transferred the case to Kanpur Police and we have asked the Circle Officer of Babupurva police station to probe the matter," said Amithabh Yash, Deputy Inspector General of Police.
On October 12, the Allahabad High Court had rejected a plea of Singh seeking quashing of proceedings against him and directed a probe by a state agency.
In his plea, Singh had contended that since Enforcement Directorate had after a probe found that the allegations against him were baseless, all proceedings against him should be quashed.
The petitioner Shivakant Tripathi, an advocate, had sought a probe by a Special Investigation Team and its monitoring by the court.
The allegation in the petition was that Singh had misappropriated crores of rupees when he was functioning as Chairman of the UP State Development Council.
"ASEAN and India are marking 20 years of their dialogue partnership and 10 years of annual summit-level partnership this year. The 10th ASEAN-India Summit will review our relations since the last Summit in Bali, Indonesia in 2011," the MEA said.
"The leaders will also discuss the Special ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit which India will host December 20-21 in New Delhi. The leaders will receive the Report of the ASEAN-India Eminent Persons Group which had been set up last year to give recommendations on the future direction of the ASEAN-India partnership," it said.
At the 7th East Asia Summit, the Prime Minister will join leaders from the other 17 EAS members to exchange views on issues and concerns with regional and global impact.
Bilateral meetings are also scheduled on the sidelines of the two summits in Phonm Penh, the MEA statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31