Kanpur: Three electrocuted to death
Kanpur: Three people were electrocuted to death in separate incidents, the police said on Wednesday.
18-year old Shilu Pal and his sister were filling water from a village tap in Gadarian Purwa area on Tuesday night when they received an electric shock as they touched the metal tap, which had come in contact with a nearby electric pole due to heavy rains.
On hearing their cries for help, the villagers rushed to rescue the brother and sister. They managed to rescue the sister but they could not save Shilu who died on the spot, police said.
In the second incident, 20-year-old labourer Anil died of electric shock after he came in contact with a live wire of a concrete mixer at a construction site of government quarters in Sazari.
Following the incident, the other workers at the site held a protest, demanding compensation for the victim`s family. The agitated workers were later pacified after an assurance of adequate compensation was given to them.
In the third incident, a woman died while she was allegedly “stealing” electricity from an electric pole in Burra area Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss