Kanpur: Three electrocuted to death
Kanpur: Three people were electrocuted to death in separate incidents, the police said on Wednesday.
18-year old Shilu Pal and his sister were filling water from a village tap in Gadarian Purwa area on Tuesday night when they received an electric shock as they touched the metal tap, which had come in contact with a nearby electric pole due to heavy rains.
On hearing their cries for help, the villagers rushed to rescue the brother and sister. They managed to rescue the sister but they could not save Shilu who died on the spot, police said.
In the second incident, 20-year-old labourer Anil died of electric shock after he came in contact with a live wire of a concrete mixer at a construction site of government quarters in Sazari.
Following the incident, the other workers at the site held a protest, demanding compensation for the victim`s family. The agitated workers were later pacified after an assurance of adequate compensation was given to them.
In the third incident, a woman died while she was allegedly “stealing” electricity from an electric pole in Burra area Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Flood situation remains grim in UP, MP and Bihar; Ganga flowing above danger mark
- Grand welcome back home: PV Sindhu, Pullela Gopichand thank Telangana government for wonderful reception
- Imtiaz Ali permitted Shah Rukh Khan to upload this picture from the sets of 'The Ring'! – View inside
- Aprilia SR 150 to be launched at Rs 65,000; book via PayTM, get 100% cashback on booking amount
- Shah Rukh Khan just apologised to 'Dil Se' co-star Preity Zinta! Here's why