Kanth violence: BJP attacks UP govt for `discrimination`
Lucknow: BJP on Monday alleged that the Uttar Pradesh government was acting in a "discriminatory" manner in handling the situation in Kanth area of Moradabad and senior police officers were acting like "Samajwadi Party workers".
"Mike at a temple (in Kanth) was installed for the last five years. Two-and-a-half month ago it developed snag and was repaired. However, after that, a section of people in the village opposed its re-installation," BJP`s UP president Laxmi Kant Bajpai claimed.
"When MP Sarvesh Kumar Singh got it installed it was removed by police," he said.
"Like Muzaffarnagar, the UP government and administration are acting in a discriminatory manner against a particular community," Bajpai alleged.
He alleged that SSP Moradabad, ASP (rural) and Circle Officers "acted as SP workers".
"There is a doubt that resentment in the area will mitigate until the mike is re-installed in the temple," the BJP leader said and demanded that cases lodged against people in Moradabad incident should be withdrawn "as they are false".
Over alleged irregularities in UP PCS examination, Bajpai said despite demand of students, Akhilesh Yadav government did not intervene into the matter.
"After PCS 2011 results were declared, students staged a demonstration against irregularities in the examination and chairman Anil Kumar Yadav. The students demanded intervention of the government," he said.
"Instead of intervening, the government only said that it was going to introduce a system where students would be able to see their marks. However, the commission did not made the marks public," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray