Kanwar Yatra: How to avoid long traffic jams in Ghaziabad
Shivratri is round the corner and preparations are underway to avoid hour-long traffic jams during Kanwar Yatra in Ghaziabad and adjoining areas. The traffic police has chalked out a plan to divert several routes between August 06 to 14. Here's how it has been planned:
Ghaziabad: Shivratri is round the corner and preparations are underway to avoid hour-long traffic jams during Kanwar Yatra in Ghaziabad and adjoining areas. The traffic police has chalked out a plan to divert several routes between August 06 to 14. Here's how it has been planned:
Following routes will be closed for traffic:
- From August 06 to 14, heavy vehicles will be prohibited on road leading to Loni Bhopura en route Mohan Nagar, Gyani Border and Maharajpur Border.
- Heavy vehicles from NH 24 will not get entry through Indirapuram red light, Kala Pathar and CISF.
- Arrangements have been made for light vehicles at road leading to Meerut via Ghaziabad from August 06 to 09. However, the other side of the road leading to Ghaziabad from Meerut will be reserved for kanwariyas.
Routes to be diverted:
- Buses will not run in Ghaziabad city from August 09 to 14. However, temporary bus stand will be made at Kamla Nehru Nagar. Buses from here will go through Dasna bridge, Atmaram Steel T-point hitting the NH 24.
- Provisions have been made to divert light vehicles plying within the city. These vehicles can enter Ghaziabad via Lal Quan, Chowdhary Mod, Ambedkar road, Purana Bus Stand and Nehru Nagar flyover.
- Vehicle entry will be prohibited between Chowdhary Mod to Dudheshwar Temple route.
- Light vehicles from Railway Station road, Kirana Mandi, Ramteram Road, Ghantaghar, Bajariya Road, Delhi Gate, Ganda Nala will be allowed to go through Chowdhary Mod. However, they will not be allowed use Dudheshwar Temple route.
- No vehicle will be allowed on ALT flyover-Meerut road route.
- No vehicle will be allowed to enter NH 58 from Sanjay Geeta Chowk, Ghukna Mod, DPS cut, Sihani Chungi and Patel Nagar.
- Considering the ongoing Metro construction work, vehicles will not be allowed at Hapur Mod, Meerut T-point, Mohan Nagar. The vehicles from here can reach NH 24 via Purana Bus Adda, Chowdhary Mod.