Kanwarias clash with police in UP
Bhadohi (Uttar Pradesh): Hundreds of Kanwarias, the orange-robed devotees of Lord Shiva, on Saturday went berserk after a car mowed down one man and injured four fellow pilgrims here, police said.
The tragedy happened in Aurai town when a Tavera car hit the devotees, police inspector RK Srivastava said.
In no time, a large number of Kanwarias went on a rampage along the national highway demanding the arrest of the car driver.
They attacked the police, targeted public property and damaged several vehicles. They hurled stones and rocks, vandalised a police station and tried to set a police booth on fire, the officer said.
It was only after the intervention of senior officers that they calmed down.
Kanwarias collect the Ganges water in Haridwar and walk back home in the month of Shravan. The month started July 16 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!