Kargil and 26/11 martyrs` kin participate in Kumbh
Allahabad: About 100 people, closely related to martyrs of the Kargil incursion and the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, today took part in a number of functions held at the ongoing Maha Kumbh in the memory of the martyrs.
"The martyrs` kinsmen, who had been invited to the ongoing congregation by spiritual leader Maharaj Bal Yogeshwarji, took a holy dip in the Sangam before taking part in havans organised at Yogeshwarji`s yajnashala.
They were joined by a number of senior Army officials, including Major General Bishamber Dayal, General Officer Commanding Purva UP and MP sub-area", Defence spokesman Wing Commander B B Pande said.
He said the Major General, while interacting with the family members of the martyrs, "conveyed the indebtedness felt by the Army for the bravery of the departed souls" besides telling them "they should not consider themselves as alone but a part of the Army which would always stand by their side".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez