Kargil and 26/11 martyrs` kin participate in Kumbh
Allahabad: About 100 people, closely related to martyrs of the Kargil incursion and the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, today took part in a number of functions held at the ongoing Maha Kumbh in the memory of the martyrs.
"The martyrs` kinsmen, who had been invited to the ongoing congregation by spiritual leader Maharaj Bal Yogeshwarji, took a holy dip in the Sangam before taking part in havans organised at Yogeshwarji`s yajnashala.
They were joined by a number of senior Army officials, including Major General Bishamber Dayal, General Officer Commanding Purva UP and MP sub-area", Defence spokesman Wing Commander B B Pande said.
He said the Major General, while interacting with the family members of the martyrs, "conveyed the indebtedness felt by the Army for the bravery of the departed souls" besides telling them "they should not consider themselves as alone but a part of the Army which would always stand by their side".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years