Kargil and 26/11 martyrs` kin participate in Kumbh
Allahabad: About 100 people, closely related to martyrs of the Kargil incursion and the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, today took part in a number of functions held at the ongoing Maha Kumbh in the memory of the martyrs.
"The martyrs` kinsmen, who had been invited to the ongoing congregation by spiritual leader Maharaj Bal Yogeshwarji, took a holy dip in the Sangam before taking part in havans organised at Yogeshwarji`s yajnashala.
They were joined by a number of senior Army officials, including Major General Bishamber Dayal, General Officer Commanding Purva UP and MP sub-area", Defence spokesman Wing Commander B B Pande said.
He said the Major General, while interacting with the family members of the martyrs, "conveyed the indebtedness felt by the Army for the bravery of the departed souls" besides telling them "they should not consider themselves as alone but a part of the Army which would always stand by their side".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31