Kawadiyas to pass through Ganga canal road
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh authorities would allow the `Kawad Yatra` pilgrims to pass through the Ganga canal road to keep the Delhi-Haridwar national highway unaffected.
Muzaffarnagar District Magistrate Surender Singh told reporters that the UP authorities accepted Uttarakhand`s proposal to allow the Kawad pilgrims to pass through Ganga Canal road instead of the national highway to ensure peaceful and smooth kawad yatra.
The district authorities will also have mobile vans with policemen in civilian clothes deployed along the Canal road, he said.
Beginning on July 3 the kawads would start their annual pilgrimage of carrying water from the Ganga as offerings to Lord Shiva on July 17.
Kanwads are Lord Shiva devotees who arrive in Haridwar every year from different places to take a dip in the Ganga and offer holy water to the almighty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred