Kawadiyas to pass through Ganga canal road
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh authorities would allow the `Kawad Yatra` pilgrims to pass through the Ganga canal road to keep the Delhi-Haridwar national highway unaffected.
Muzaffarnagar District Magistrate Surender Singh told reporters that the UP authorities accepted Uttarakhand`s proposal to allow the Kawad pilgrims to pass through Ganga Canal road instead of the national highway to ensure peaceful and smooth kawad yatra.
The district authorities will also have mobile vans with policemen in civilian clothes deployed along the Canal road, he said.
Beginning on July 3 the kawads would start their annual pilgrimage of carrying water from the Ganga as offerings to Lord Shiva on July 17.
Kanwads are Lord Shiva devotees who arrive in Haridwar every year from different places to take a dip in the Ganga and offer holy water to the almighty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai