Kawadiyas to pass through Ganga canal road
Muzaffarnagar: Uttar Pradesh authorities would allow the `Kawad Yatra` pilgrims to pass through the Ganga canal road to keep the Delhi-Haridwar national highway unaffected.
Muzaffarnagar District Magistrate Surender Singh told reporters that the UP authorities accepted Uttarakhand`s proposal to allow the Kawad pilgrims to pass through Ganga Canal road instead of the national highway to ensure peaceful and smooth kawad yatra.
The district authorities will also have mobile vans with policemen in civilian clothes deployed along the Canal road, he said.
Beginning on July 3 the kawads would start their annual pilgrimage of carrying water from the Ganga as offerings to Lord Shiva on July 17.
Kanwads are Lord Shiva devotees who arrive in Haridwar every year from different places to take a dip in the Ganga and offer holy water to the almighty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video