Kawal violence investigation handed over to STF
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh government has formed a Special Task Force (STF) to probe into the incident of violence in Kawal village here to ensure free and fair investigation.
"The government has formed a Special Task Force and the investigation of the incident has been handed over to it from the local police," DGP Deo Raj Nagar told reporters here on Saturday.
"Some elements are trying to create communal tension in the region. The STF will be helpful to normalise the situation. No one would be allowed to breach peace in the area," he said.
Clashes took place on August 27 in the village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note