Kawal violence investigation handed over to STF
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh government has formed a Special Task Force (STF) to probe into the incident of violence in Kawal village here to ensure free and fair investigation.
"The government has formed a Special Task Force and the investigation of the incident has been handed over to it from the local police," DGP Deo Raj Nagar told reporters here on Saturday.
"Some elements are trying to create communal tension in the region. The STF will be helpful to normalise the situation. No one would be allowed to breach peace in the area," he said.
Clashes took place on August 27 in the village in which three persons lost their lives over a petty dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat
- PM Modi launches Smart City projects in Pune, calls it "People's Mission"