Keep middle men at bay in wheat purchase: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday directed officials to ensure direct
purchase of wheat from farmers and keep middle-men at bay.
"The wheat should be purchased directly from farmers and
middle man should be kept at bay from the process. Besides,
farmers should be given payments within a week," Akhilesh said
while reviewing wheat purchase in the state.
He said that such an arrangement should be made that
there should be no distress sale and added that temporary
storage arrangement of wheat should be made to avoid wastage.
About the payments to farmers, Akhilesh said proposal to
provide Rs 1,000 crores after taking suggestions from finance
department would be expedited.
He also directed the chief secretary to review wheat
purchase every fortnightly.
At the meeting, the CM was informed that target of 42
MT wheat purchase has been fixed and 4,656 purchase centres
have been established to facilitate farmers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know