Keep middle men at bay in wheat purchase: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday directed officials to ensure direct
purchase of wheat from farmers and keep middle-men at bay.
"The wheat should be purchased directly from farmers and
middle man should be kept at bay from the process. Besides,
farmers should be given payments within a week," Akhilesh said
while reviewing wheat purchase in the state.
He said that such an arrangement should be made that
there should be no distress sale and added that temporary
storage arrangement of wheat should be made to avoid wastage.
About the payments to farmers, Akhilesh said proposal to
provide Rs 1,000 crores after taking suggestions from finance
department would be expedited.
He also directed the chief secretary to review wheat
purchase every fortnightly.
At the meeting, the CM was informed that target of 42
MT wheat purchase has been fixed and 4,656 purchase centres
have been established to facilitate farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why