Keep middle men at bay in wheat purchase: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday directed officials to ensure direct
purchase of wheat from farmers and keep middle-men at bay.
"The wheat should be purchased directly from farmers and
middle man should be kept at bay from the process. Besides,
farmers should be given payments within a week," Akhilesh said
while reviewing wheat purchase in the state.
He said that such an arrangement should be made that
there should be no distress sale and added that temporary
storage arrangement of wheat should be made to avoid wastage.
About the payments to farmers, Akhilesh said proposal to
provide Rs 1,000 crores after taking suggestions from finance
department would be expedited.
He also directed the chief secretary to review wheat
purchase every fortnightly.
At the meeting, the CM was informed that target of 42
MT wheat purchase has been fixed and 4,656 purchase centres
have been established to facilitate farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'