Keep middle men at bay in wheat purchase: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday directed officials to ensure direct
purchase of wheat from farmers and keep middle-men at bay.
"The wheat should be purchased directly from farmers and
middle man should be kept at bay from the process. Besides,
farmers should be given payments within a week," Akhilesh said
while reviewing wheat purchase in the state.
He said that such an arrangement should be made that
there should be no distress sale and added that temporary
storage arrangement of wheat should be made to avoid wastage.
About the payments to farmers, Akhilesh said proposal to
provide Rs 1,000 crores after taking suggestions from finance
department would be expedited.
He also directed the chief secretary to review wheat
purchase every fortnightly.
At the meeting, the CM was informed that target of 42
MT wheat purchase has been fixed and 4,656 purchase centres
have been established to facilitate farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!