Keep middle men at bay in wheat purchase: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday directed officials to ensure direct
purchase of wheat from farmers and keep middle-men at bay.
"The wheat should be purchased directly from farmers and
middle man should be kept at bay from the process. Besides,
farmers should be given payments within a week," Akhilesh said
while reviewing wheat purchase in the state.
He said that such an arrangement should be made that
there should be no distress sale and added that temporary
storage arrangement of wheat should be made to avoid wastage.
About the payments to farmers, Akhilesh said proposal to
provide Rs 1,000 crores after taking suggestions from finance
department would be expedited.
He also directed the chief secretary to review wheat
purchase every fortnightly.
At the meeting, the CM was informed that target of 42
MT wheat purchase has been fixed and 4,656 purchase centres
have been established to facilitate farmers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu shine for India; USA top tally with 121 medals
- US Republican voters not happy with Donald Trump as presidential nominee: Poll