Kerosene-carrying train derails in UP
Lucknow: Rail traffic on the Gorakhpur section of North Eastern Railway in Uttar Pradesh was hit Tuesday when two wagons of a goods train transporting kerosene derailed between Gonda and Gorakhpur, officials said. No one was injured in the incident.
The train was headed to Gorakhpur when the derailment took place. The contents of the wagons spilled all over, forcing railway authorities to shut down the section for all up and down trains.
"We are trying to normalise traffic on the sector as soon as possible. For now, some trains are stranded," an official said.
The rail route to Delhi was also affected and efforts were on to normalise traffic, railway officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory