Kerosene-carrying train derails in UP
Lucknow: Rail traffic on the Gorakhpur section of North Eastern Railway in Uttar Pradesh was hit Tuesday when two wagons of a goods train transporting kerosene derailed between Gonda and Gorakhpur, officials said. No one was injured in the incident.
The train was headed to Gorakhpur when the derailment took place. The contents of the wagons spilled all over, forcing railway authorities to shut down the section for all up and down trains.
"We are trying to normalise traffic on the sector as soon as possible. For now, some trains are stranded," an official said.
The rail route to Delhi was also affected and efforts were on to normalise traffic, railway officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange