Key Aam Aadmi Party member seriously injured in road mishap
Ghaziabad: A key woman member of Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party, who is also a contestant for upcoming Delhi Assembly elections, was critically injured on Sunday in a road accident.
Santosh Koli was going to party office along with a party colleague Kuldeep when their motorbike was hit from behind by a car in Kaushambi area of Indirapuram locality.
Santosh is a core committee member of Aam Aadmi Party.
Police have registered a case in this regard at Link Road police station.
"We are investigating the case. The incident took place at around 5.15 PM today.
We are trying to trace car which is still to be identified, and have appealed to people to share if they have any information about its identity," SP Ghaziabad Shiv Shankar Yadav said.
A party activist Rajan Prakash, however, has claimed Santosh had received a threat few days back, warning her not to enter into politics.
He said Santosh sustained severe brain injuries.
"When Santosh, along with Kuldeep, was going to Kaushambi office on a biket, a car brutally hit them from behind and fled from the spot. The impact of the collision was such that the bike caught fire and was gutted," Prakash said.
After the incident, AAP leaders Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and other party activists rushed to hospital, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble