Khap mahapanchayat to demand CBI probe in Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: The khap mahapanchayat in the district has decided to start a movement demanding CBI inquiry into riot cases instead of SIT probing the matter, Ghatwala Khap council head Harkishan Singh Malik said.
A movement would be started soon to demand CBI inquiry into riot cases in Muzaffarnagar and we will not allow police to make any arrests in connection with riots, he said at a Mahapanchayat in Phugana village here yesterday.
The Mahapanchayat was attended by All khap council secretary Subhash Baliyan, Ghathwala khap council head of Haryana Baljit Singh, Balyan khap council head Naresh Tikait, Battisa khap head Surajmal and Latiyan khap head Virender Singh, he said.
Another meeting would be held in Haryana to decide further cause of action, he said.
Meanwhile Bhartiya Kisan Mazdoor Manch President, Ghulam Mohammed Joula has demanded immediate arrest of gang rape accused to ensure justice to the victims.
If police failed to arrest the accused till February 28, our organisation would start agitation in March to press for the demand, he announced after the Manch`s meeting in Budhan town in the district yesterday.
It is learnt that court has issued non bailable warrants? against 349 people and attachment proceedings initiated against 108 people who are absconding.
Six cases of gang rape were registered against 27 people? during riots in which 22 people were found involved.
While one Vedpal has been arrested, 21 others are absconding and attachment proceedings against them have been initiated by the court.
Over 60 persons were killed and more than 40,000 displaced in communal violence that had broken out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi