Khaps seek CBI probe into Muzaffarnagar riots
Jhajjar: A khap panchayat held at Dabouda Khurd village here on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The panchayat that lasted for over five hours was attended by representatives of khaps active in Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi and Haryana.
"Innocent people of the Jat community have been falsely implicated under a conspiracy just to gain political mileage while they were even not present at the spot when the crime took place," said a leader of Uttar Pradesh`s Malik Khap Prakash Malik, while addressing the khap representatives.
"In the given situation, we have no other option left but to get the support of khaps for justice. Hence CBI probe into the riot is required to protect the innocent people from devastation," said Malik.
At the panchayat, it was also decided to organise a meeting of all khaps of north India at Fugana village in Uttar Pradesh on March 1 to chalk out a strategy for mounting pressure on the Uttar Pradesh government for withdrawal of cases registered against Jats during the riots.
"Besides Muzaffarnagar riots, we discussed social issues like honour killing, female foeticide, women participation in khap`s functioning and amendment in Hindu Marriage Act and also passed resolutions," said Malik.
The panchayat was presided over by chief of Gathwala Khap, Dada Baljeet Singh Malik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation