Kidnapped boy rescued, three arrested
Jalaun: A 15-year-old boy kidnapped
last month was today rescued by police, which arrested three
persons along with the ransom money.
Prateek Agarwal, son of a trader Dilip Kumar, was
kidnapped from Badi Mata temple in the city on May 25 and the
abductors demanded Rs 40 lakh as ransom for the safe release
of the boy, Superintendent of Police Prem Gautam said.
He said the kidnappers had directed Kumar to deliver Rs
24 lakh at Karan Devi temple on the bank of Panchnada river
near Shivganj village in the district.
A police team led by the SP laid a trap near the temple
and surrounded the kidnappers as soon as Kumar delivered the
bag containing cash. In a bid to escape, the kidnappers opened
fire on the police party, Gautam said.
While some of them managed to flee the spot, three were
arrested, he said adding, they have been identified as Ashwini
Kumar, Devendra Nai and Subheet Kumar.
The boy was rescued and Rs 24 lakh was recovered from
them, he said.
Police said two-country-made fire-arms, cartridges, an
army-made hand grenade were recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!