Kidnapped boy rescued, three arrested
Jalaun: A 15-year-old boy kidnapped
last month was today rescued by police, which arrested three
persons along with the ransom money.
Prateek Agarwal, son of a trader Dilip Kumar, was
kidnapped from Badi Mata temple in the city on May 25 and the
abductors demanded Rs 40 lakh as ransom for the safe release
of the boy, Superintendent of Police Prem Gautam said.
He said the kidnappers had directed Kumar to deliver Rs
24 lakh at Karan Devi temple on the bank of Panchnada river
near Shivganj village in the district.
A police team led by the SP laid a trap near the temple
and surrounded the kidnappers as soon as Kumar delivered the
bag containing cash. In a bid to escape, the kidnappers opened
fire on the police party, Gautam said.
While some of them managed to flee the spot, three were
arrested, he said adding, they have been identified as Ashwini
Kumar, Devendra Nai and Subheet Kumar.
The boy was rescued and Rs 24 lakh was recovered from
them, he said.
Police said two-country-made fire-arms, cartridges, an
army-made hand grenade were recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur