Kidnapped boy rescued, three arrested
Jalaun: A 15-year-old boy kidnapped
last month was today rescued by police, which arrested three
persons along with the ransom money.
Prateek Agarwal, son of a trader Dilip Kumar, was
kidnapped from Badi Mata temple in the city on May 25 and the
abductors demanded Rs 40 lakh as ransom for the safe release
of the boy, Superintendent of Police Prem Gautam said.
He said the kidnappers had directed Kumar to deliver Rs
24 lakh at Karan Devi temple on the bank of Panchnada river
near Shivganj village in the district.
A police team led by the SP laid a trap near the temple
and surrounded the kidnappers as soon as Kumar delivered the
bag containing cash. In a bid to escape, the kidnappers opened
fire on the police party, Gautam said.
While some of them managed to flee the spot, three were
arrested, he said adding, they have been identified as Ashwini
Kumar, Devendra Nai and Subheet Kumar.
The boy was rescued and Rs 24 lakh was recovered from
them, he said.
Police said two-country-made fire-arms, cartridges, an
army-made hand grenade were recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!