Kidnapped boy rescued, three arrested
Jalaun: A 15-year-old boy kidnapped
last month was today rescued by police, which arrested three
persons along with the ransom money.
Prateek Agarwal, son of a trader Dilip Kumar, was
kidnapped from Badi Mata temple in the city on May 25 and the
abductors demanded Rs 40 lakh as ransom for the safe release
of the boy, Superintendent of Police Prem Gautam said.
He said the kidnappers had directed Kumar to deliver Rs
24 lakh at Karan Devi temple on the bank of Panchnada river
near Shivganj village in the district.
A police team led by the SP laid a trap near the temple
and surrounded the kidnappers as soon as Kumar delivered the
bag containing cash. In a bid to escape, the kidnappers opened
fire on the police party, Gautam said.
While some of them managed to flee the spot, three were
arrested, he said adding, they have been identified as Ashwini
Kumar, Devendra Nai and Subheet Kumar.
The boy was rescued and Rs 24 lakh was recovered from
them, he said.
Police said two-country-made fire-arms, cartridges, an
army-made hand grenade were recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why