Kidnapped engineer rescued, seven held
Lucknow: An engineer abducted for ransom was rescued by police following arrest of seven persons, police said on Wednesday.
Anil Srivastava, who runs a private consultancy firm, was abducted from Gudumba area on Monday evening when he had gone to inspect a site along with his driver, they said.
Police said the abductors forced Srivastava to call his family members and arrange Rs two crore.
The engineer`s kin informed police which tracked the movement of the abductors through electronic surveillance, which revealed that Srivastava was taken to Sant Kabir Nagar, they said.
Meanwhile, Srivastava`s family negotiated with abductors, who agreed to release him for a ransom of Rs 10 lakh.
Police said the abductors were arrested last evening near Novelty crossing when they came to collect the ransom amount and Srivastava was rescued.
Srivastava`s former employee Alim was among those rescued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test