Kidnapped girl found, family alleges MLA`s involvement
Agra: A 14-year-old girl, who was abducted last month has been rescued from a house in Shikahabad area even as her family alleged that the kidnapper was being protected by an Samajwadi Party legislator.
The girl was kidnapped on November 13 and found yesterday by Sikandra police.
According to a report lodged by the relatives of the girl, the abduction was a result of a dispute between the family of the girl and that of the accused.
The report said the man had threatened the girl`s family that he would abduct her following which she was brought from Ban to Agra to stay at her uncle`s house. The accused apparently followed her here and kidnapped her, the family members alleged.
The girl`s relatives claimed that the Sikandra police did not lodge their complaint because of the protection offered to the accused by a legislator.
They then approached another legislator, after which the report was lodged.
According to the relatives, the girl was recovered from the house of the legislator who was giving protection to the alleged accused and the youth was also present during the time of the recovery but was allowed to escape by the police.
However, Shalabh Mathur, SSP Agra has denied allegations that the accused was allowed to escape by police.
Meanwhile, the girl has been sent to the women`s police station for recording of her statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today