Kidnapped girl rescued, points finger at UP minister
Farrukhabad (UP): A 16-year-old-girl, who was rescued from her kidnappers on Wednesday, alleged that she was held captive at the residence of a minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
The girl was rescued this morning near the ITI crossing here and a kidnapper identified as Avnish arrested, police said.
According to a complaint lodged with Nawabganj police, the girl was kidnapped on April 1 by five people, including Avnish and another person who has been identified as Sushil.
Meanwhile, talking to the media, the girl alleged that police had actually rescued her from the Bajaria residence of state Minister for Vocational Education Narendra Singh Yadav, where, the minor, claimed she was kept after her kidnapping.
Although, the minister could not be contacted, his son Sachin Yadav, who is the Samajwadi Party candidate for the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency, termed the allegation as a conspiracy to defame his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31