Kidnapped girl rescued, points finger at UP minister
Farrukhabad (UP): A 16-year-old-girl, who was rescued from her kidnappers on Wednesday, alleged that she was held captive at the residence of a minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
The girl was rescued this morning near the ITI crossing here and a kidnapper identified as Avnish arrested, police said.
According to a complaint lodged with Nawabganj police, the girl was kidnapped on April 1 by five people, including Avnish and another person who has been identified as Sushil.
Meanwhile, talking to the media, the girl alleged that police had actually rescued her from the Bajaria residence of state Minister for Vocational Education Narendra Singh Yadav, where, the minor, claimed she was kept after her kidnapping.
Although, the minister could not be contacted, his son Sachin Yadav, who is the Samajwadi Party candidate for the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency, termed the allegation as a conspiracy to defame his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video