Kidnapped girl rescued, points finger at UP minister
Farrukhabad (UP): A 16-year-old-girl, who was rescued from her kidnappers on Wednesday, alleged that she was held captive at the residence of a minister in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
The girl was rescued this morning near the ITI crossing here and a kidnapper identified as Avnish arrested, police said.
According to a complaint lodged with Nawabganj police, the girl was kidnapped on April 1 by five people, including Avnish and another person who has been identified as Sushil.
Meanwhile, talking to the media, the girl alleged that police had actually rescued her from the Bajaria residence of state Minister for Vocational Education Narendra Singh Yadav, where, the minor, claimed she was kept after her kidnapping.
Although, the minister could not be contacted, his son Sachin Yadav, who is the Samajwadi Party candidate for the Farrukhabad Lok Sabha constituency, termed the allegation as a conspiracy to defame his father.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey