Kidnapped infant rescued
Meerut: A kidnapped six-month-old baby boy was Wednesday rescued from a cemetery in Kharkhoda area here and a youth arrested in the case.
The infant was rescued when one of the kidnappers was trading him for a ransom of Rs 20 lakh, SP (City), Om Prakash, said.
The accused, identified as Sameer (20), was nabbed and has allegedly confessed to the crime, Prakash said, adding that search is on for his other accomplice.
The baby, who had been taken away by the gun-wielding duo from the house of his father, a businessman, on Monday, was handed over to his family after a medical check up.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan