Kidnapped youth found dead, dishonour killing suspected
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a youth was allegedly strangulated to death in Shamli district here by the parents of his beloved, police said on Friday.
The deceased identified as Shriram Saini (21) was abducted and strangulated to death at Simbhalka village and the body was later thrown at some other place allegedly by the girl`s parents who disapproved of their relationship, Deputy SP CP Singh said.
The incident took place when Saini, who was working in a private company, came to meet Baby, after she was forced to call him at her parents` behest, he said.
The father of the girl, Ramkumar, his wife Kusum and the girl have been arrested, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj