Kidnapped youth found dead, dishonour killing suspected
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a youth was allegedly strangulated to death in Shamli district here by the parents of his beloved, police said on Friday.
The deceased identified as Shriram Saini (21) was abducted and strangulated to death at Simbhalka village and the body was later thrown at some other place allegedly by the girl`s parents who disapproved of their relationship, Deputy SP CP Singh said.
The incident took place when Saini, who was working in a private company, came to meet Baby, after she was forced to call him at her parents` behest, he said.
The father of the girl, Ramkumar, his wife Kusum and the girl have been arrested, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!