Kingfisher passenger opens emergency door, delays flight
Lucknow: A passenger of a Kingfisher
Lucknow-Delhi flight opened the emergency exit door of the
aircraft just before it was to take off from here last night,
delaying its departure by nearly two hours.
The man, who was not identified, was de-planed and
handed over by the Kingfisher staff to the authorities soon
after he opened the latch on the emergency door, alerting the
pilots and the crew through the electronic warning systems
inside the cockpit, airport sources said. The man has been
"The emergency door was opened when some passenger
inadvertently pressed a button," an airport official said.
Boarding of passengers was in progress at the time of
the incident, when the ATR turboprop aircraft was in a
An airline spokesperson said when the passengers were
being boarded on flight IT-4660, scheduled for 2240 hours, a
passenger on board opened one of the emergency doors.
The aircraft was stationary at the time of the
incident, he said, adding that the passenger was "de-planed
and handed over to the authorities".
After a thorough examination, the aircraft was cleared
for departure and it finally took off for Delhi at 0030 hours
with 62 passengers and four crew members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Shah Rukh Khan served notice by I-T department on his offshore firms