Kumar Vishwas, village head booked after clash, Congress distances itself
Amethi: FIRs have been filed against Aam Aadmi Party leader Kumar Vishwas and a village head following a clash between their supporters here on Firday night even as Congress rejected Vishwas` allegation that its workers were involved in the violence.
FIRs have been lodged against Vishwas and his 65 supporters and Ishaq Ahmed, the gram pradhan of Sindura village, and his 20 aides for attacking each other at Kamrauli police station, Station officer A P Tewari said.
Congress has rejected the allegations of Vishwas that its party men attacked him and has charged him with spreading anarchy.
Rahul Gandhi`s representative Chandrakant Dubey alleged that ever since Vishwas has come to Amethi, he has been trying to "vitiating the atmosphere".
"There have been candidates fielded by other parties before Vishwas but Congressmen have never been accused of clashing with them and because Vishwas is not getting people`s support he is frustrated and indulging in such activities", Dubey said.
He claimed that Congress has nothing to do with yesterday`s violence or the incident that took place earlier in Piparpur police station area.
Dubey said that Vishwas is today concerned about the development of Amethi but he should make public his contribution to the constituency till now.
District magistrate Jagatraj said investigations were on into allegations of violation of model code of conduct and section 144 in Shukl Bazar and Kotwali dehat police station areas by Vishwas.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today