Kumbh fire injured succumbs
New Delhi: An 8-year-old girl, one of the eight persons injured in the Kumbh Mela fire in Allahabad, succumed at a hospital here on Thursday.
Bhumi, who suffered severe burn injuries, died at around 11.30 this morning.
She was among the eight people who were airlifted by the IAF on Saturday to the national capital`s Safdarjung Hospital for further treatment.
"The patient was in a very critical situation when she was brought here. She had severe burn injuries and she was admitted with 30 to 60 per cent burn injuries," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintindent of the hospital, said.
The condition of the remaining seven are also critical and are admitted in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali