Kumbh fire injured succumbs
New Delhi: An 8-year-old girl, one of the eight persons injured in the Kumbh Mela fire in Allahabad, succumed at a hospital here on Thursday.
Bhumi, who suffered severe burn injuries, died at around 11.30 this morning.
She was among the eight people who were airlifted by the IAF on Saturday to the national capital`s Safdarjung Hospital for further treatment.
"The patient was in a very critical situation when she was brought here. She had severe burn injuries and she was admitted with 30 to 60 per cent burn injuries," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintindent of the hospital, said.
The condition of the remaining seven are also critical and are admitted in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!