Kumbh fire injured succumbs
New Delhi: An 8-year-old girl, one of the eight persons injured in the Kumbh Mela fire in Allahabad, succumed at a hospital here on Thursday.
Bhumi, who suffered severe burn injuries, died at around 11.30 this morning.
She was among the eight people who were airlifted by the IAF on Saturday to the national capital`s Safdarjung Hospital for further treatment.
"The patient was in a very critical situation when she was brought here. She had severe burn injuries and she was admitted with 30 to 60 per cent burn injuries," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintindent of the hospital, said.
The condition of the remaining seven are also critical and are admitted in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter