Kumbh fire injured succumbs
New Delhi: An 8-year-old girl, one of the eight persons injured in the Kumbh Mela fire in Allahabad, succumed at a hospital here on Thursday.
Bhumi, who suffered severe burn injuries, died at around 11.30 this morning.
She was among the eight people who were airlifted by the IAF on Saturday to the national capital`s Safdarjung Hospital for further treatment.
"The patient was in a very critical situation when she was brought here. She had severe burn injuries and she was admitted with 30 to 60 per cent burn injuries," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintindent of the hospital, said.
The condition of the remaining seven are also critical and are admitted in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok