Kumbh mela to last for 55 days this year
Lucknow: Pilgrims visiting the Kumbh mela this year will be a happy lot as the mela will last for 55 days as compared to last year`s 44 days.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said that as compared to the last Kumbh which lasted for 44 days, this time the mela would be of 55 days and the turnout of pilgrims and tourists is likely to increase by 25 per cent.
The CM also directed industrial units, which may pose a threat of water pollution, to remain closed during the mela period.
The directive was issued by Yadav during a meeting to review preparations for the mela, slated to start from January 13 next year in Allahabad.
He said that there should be no shortage of water in rivers at Sangam for the holy dip.
For Kumbh 333 projects of 10 departments would be implemented of which 162 works would be executed at mela site and this time 25 per cent more works and resources would be used, he said.
The CM said that a correct assessment of number of visitors should be made through satellite and size of projects should be decided accordingly.
He directed that along with sign boards, audio video systems should be installed so that those who cannot read could get information regarding the mela site.
Yadav said that as huge power was consumed during mela period, a proposal to install LED lights should be considered and availability of maximum electricity should be ensured.
Efforts should be made to make arrangements for 4G internet facility during the mela, besides this call centres and information centres would be set up, the CM said.
Speaking on the occasion, Urban Development Minister Moh Azam Khan directed the Jal Nigam officials to complete sewage work by November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez