Kunda DSP murder case: Raja Bhaiyya ready to undergo polygraph test
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Former Uttar Pradesh minister and independent legislator Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya, who has been named in the murder of Kunda deputy superintendent of police Zia-ul-Haq and two others, on Tuesday gave his consent to take polygraph test.
Appearing before the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court here, Raja Bhaiyya alleged political conspiracy against him.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Zia-ul-Haq was killed in March this year by a mob in Pratapgarh district of Uttar Pradesh.
Parveen Azad, the widow of the slain UP cop Haq, had alleged that Raja Bhaiyya was behind the murder of her husband. She had filed an FIR naming Raja Bhaiyya in the case. Raja Bhaiyya, who was then the food and civil supplies minister of Uttar Pradesh, was forced to quit after the incident.
The CBI was handed the probe by the state government. Close aides of Raja Bhaiyya have been arrested in this case, and the former minister was also questioned by investigators. In its chargesheet, the CBI did not name Raja Bhaiyya.
The legislator claimed that he was innocent, and had nothing to do with the killing of either Haq or the earlier murders that day of Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh Yadav.
Haq, who was deputy superintendent of police of Kunda tehsil, rushed to Balipur village on March 02 with a team of policemen after the murder of village head Nanhe Yadav and his brother Suresh.
An angry mob attacked the police team in the village, and Haq was deserted by colleagues. One of the bullets fired in the melee struck Haq.
Haq`s widow alleged that much political pressure was brought to bear on her husband, and that he had earlier considered resigning his job.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Alert issued in Bihar following heavy rain in catchment areas of Nepal
- WWE SmackDown: July 26, 2016 - Results and highlights
- SHOCKING! Former PM Manmohan Singh's plane nearly crashed in 2007
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: Did brother of international wrestler spike his food in Sonipat?
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...