Kunda DSP murder: Raja Bhaiya undergoes lie-detection test
New Delhi: Former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya on Thursday underwent lie-detection test in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq.
CBI sources said Raja Bhaiya came to the Central Forensic and Scientific Laboratory this morning to undergo the test after a court in Lucknow gave consent for the same.
The MLA had said earlier that he had not changed his statement and was not worried to face any test.
Justifying the test before the court, the CBI had said that Raja Bhaiya was a suspect and the agency should be given permission to conduct polygraphic test on him.
The results of the test, which lasted for nearly 90 minutes, would be made available to the agency in a few days.
Raja Bhaiya, former food and civil supplies minister in UP government, did not evade any questions, sources said.
The results of the test may not be treated as a primary evidence but can always be treated as circumstantial and would give inputs which can be developed after thorough probe.
The agency has filed its charge sheet in connection with the murder, but did not name Raja Bhaiya as accused. The former MLA had been questioned by the CBI on May 15 and 16.
Haq was shot dead on March 2 in Balipur village in Kunda area of Pratapgarh district where he had gone to probe murder of village head Nanhe Yadav.
Haq`s wife Parveen Azad had accused Raja Bhaiya of conspiracy after which he had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today