Kunda DSP murder: Raja Bhaiya undergoes lie-detection test
New Delhi: Former Uttar Pradesh minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya on Thursday underwent lie-detection test in connection with the murder of Kunda DSP Zia-ul-Haq.
CBI sources said Raja Bhaiya came to the Central Forensic and Scientific Laboratory this morning to undergo the test after a court in Lucknow gave consent for the same.
The MLA had said earlier that he had not changed his statement and was not worried to face any test.
Justifying the test before the court, the CBI had said that Raja Bhaiya was a suspect and the agency should be given permission to conduct polygraphic test on him.
The results of the test, which lasted for nearly 90 minutes, would be made available to the agency in a few days.
Raja Bhaiya, former food and civil supplies minister in UP government, did not evade any questions, sources said.
The results of the test may not be treated as a primary evidence but can always be treated as circumstantial and would give inputs which can be developed after thorough probe.
The agency has filed its charge sheet in connection with the murder, but did not name Raja Bhaiya as accused. The former MLA had been questioned by the CBI on May 15 and 16.
Haq was shot dead on March 2 in Balipur village in Kunda area of Pratapgarh district where he had gone to probe murder of village head Nanhe Yadav.
Haq`s wife Parveen Azad had accused Raja Bhaiya of conspiracy after which he had to resign from the Cabinet on March 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre