Kunda murder case: CBI grills Raja Bhaiya for second day
Pratapgarh: Former Uttar Pradesh Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya was on Thursday questioned by the CBI for the second day for nearly eight hours in connection with the killings in Balipur of DSP Zia ul Haq and village head Nanhe Yadav nearly two months ago.
CBI sources said Raja Bhaiya was quizzed about his location at the time of crime, his alleged association with Pal family which is seen as prime suspects in the murder of Nanhe Yadav besides other details.
The sources said unlike yesterday when several of his associates including his cousin Akshay Pratap Singh was also questioned, CBI today grilled only Raja Bhaiya over aspects of the crime which took place on March 2 evening this year.
Last month, CBI had arrested one Bhulle Pal, a security guard when Raja Bhaiya was minister. Pal had allegedly led a mob, enraged by the killing of Balipur village head Nanhe Yadav, to kill the police officer.
CBI has also taken into custody Rajeev Singh and Guddu Singh who are considered close to the former minister.
In the FIR filed on the basis of a complaint by the slain DSP`s wife Parveen Azad, it has been alleged that on the directions of Raja Bhaiya, Nagar Panchayat Chairman Gulshan Yadav, Hari Om Srivastava, Raja Bhaiya`s driver Rohit Singh and supporter Guddu Singh first assaulted her husband with sticks and rods and later shot him dead.
The allegations have been denied by Raja Bhaiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice